for this month's Currently
for the last question about books:
#1 should be your ALL TIME FAVORITEST BOOK to read aloud...it is THE ONE
#2 is your go-to professional book
and there's more: Farley's RULE OF THREE,
It would be sweet, supportive, and following the rules...to look at the 2 link-ups in front of your link and then come back and look at the one behind yours...I hope there's someone behind me...lol...and comment on those 3...you can comment on more than 3, of course...
But, I'm not done...I was recently bestowed the One Lovely Blog Award
by these sweet bloggers:
by these lovely bloggers: Patty at 2nd in Line and Patti at Tales From a 4th (and 5th) Grade Teacher, and
Now for the 7 shades of randomness that goes along with the VB award...(just nod your head if you got that reference...)
1. I moonlight as a cart girl (and sometimes bartender) at a local golf course...when you have a daughter in college, you do what you gotta do...plus, I get adult conversation...wait, after a few holes and a couple of beverages, they're not much different than my 6 and 7-year olds...
|my sweet ride...see my friends Jack, Crown, Smirnoff?|
3. I am a self-proclaimed Bon Jovi freak! And, admitting your addiction is the first step...but, I don't want to recover!!! It goes basically like this, "Hi, I'm Monica, I love Jon." Well, not exactly like that, but how else does everybody know that I LOVE THIS BAND?!
4. I have a dog named Jovi...see #3 above...
5. I have a tattoo of the Bon Jovi smirk...see #3 above...I told you...I really wasn't exaggerating...
6. I missed a Bon Jovi concert due to food poisoning at Mason's Geli...I shall not speak the name of the place that nearly killed me...as you can see, I'm still not over my anger and disappointment...and I tell everyone I talk to...so don't go there!!! Ok, I'm better now :)
|notice my still untorn/ unused ticket :(|
|holds phone, I.D., and lipstick ONLY|
UNTIL, he says to me, "You're gonna have to go in the doggy door." Huh, what?! He's watched one too many Mission Impossible movies...I'm thinkin' we're callin' a cab (woo-hoo first-time cab ride), and we'll figure this out later...
You may wonder why that idea popped in his head so easily and freely, and I blame that on my dear daughter...who casually mentioned that she'd done it a few times when she'd forgotten her keys...(and I'm hoping that was the reason...)
BACK to me and the situation (I've kinda always wanted to say that):
REMEMBER, people...I am birthday-dinner dressed, so my hair is done, and I'm wearing a dress (not the usual tank top and shorts)...thank goodness the doggy door is not in the front of the house...else I would have some 'plaining to do to my neighbors...
As I stand there...he's telling me "go feet first"...no way am I doing that...it's not a freakin' slide for cryin' out loud...so I go in head first...thinking I MUST be caught in an episode of Bloopers/ Funniest Home Videos/ Punk'd...
|gross, gross, GROSSNESS!!!|
Arriving with just minutes to spare, dinner was amazing...and I got a slice of cheesecake and some champagne on the house...
I will never look at the doggy door the same way again...
And that, my friend, is all...you probably feel like you got to know me a wee bit more than you wanted to, huh?!
What have YOU had to do when you've gotten locked out of your house???